Colombian earth scientist with BSc and MSc degrees in Geological Sciences. Highly proficient in field practices, hydrogeology, numerical modeling, fluid dynamics, and thermal geophysics particularly oriented towards geothermal exploration and deployment. His academic and work experiences in renewable energy are applicable and transferable to a broad range of projects in the energy-mining sector worldwide.
He participated in field campaigns and masters various state-of-the-art software and coding languages. He has no doubt that geothermal energy should be at the cornerstone of scalable decarbonization of most modern societies given its clean, ubiquitous and reliable nature.
- Ph.D. Student, ETH Zürich, Switzerland – RWTH Aachen, Germany (2021 – )
- Sc. Geological Engineering, Cornell University (2019 – 2021).
- Junior Consultant, Integrated Reservoir Solutions (2019).
- Technical Support Analyst for G&G applications, Halliburton (2018 – 2019).
- Sc Geoscience, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia (2013 – 2018).
Project Title: Option of using CO2 instead of water as the subsurface energy extraction fluid in EGS and in sedimentary basins
Host Institutions: ETH Zürich, RWTH Aachen, TU Delft, Geoenergie Suisse
Supervisory Team: Martin Saar, Florian Wellmann, Maren Brehme, Peter Meier
Start date: 15.7.2021